PPR pipe is a new type of pipe, which is mainly used in building water supply and drainage, urban and rural water supply and drainage, city gas, electric power and cable sheathing, industrial fluid transportation, agricultural irrigation and other construction, municipal, industrial and agricultural fields. PVC pipes are currently a popular synthetic material, and PVC materials are produced in Europe very high.
The specific difference between PPR pipe and PVC pipe is to be introduced today:
As a new type of pipe, PPR pipe has the following performance characteristics:
1. The energy consumption of energy-saving PPR pipe is only 20% of steel pipe, and its thermal conductivity is low [0.2W/(m.K)], which is only 1/200 of steel pipe. It will greatly reduce heat loss when applied to hot water system.
2, corrosion resistance, non-fouling, hygienic, non-toxic use of PPR pipe can eliminate the use of galvanized steel pipe caused by internal wall scaling, rust caused by water “secondary pollution.” Because the PPR component is simple, the basic components are carbon and hydrogen, which are in line with food hygiene regulations, non-toxic, and more suitable for drinking water.
3, heat, pressure, long service life PPR pipe long-term use temperature of 95 ° C, short-term use temperature up to 120 ° C. Under the condition of using temperature of 70 ° C and working pressure of 1.2 MPa, it can be used continuously for a long time and the service life can reach more than 50 years.
4, light weight, high strength, small fluid resistance PPR pipe density is only 1 / 8 of the metal pipe, pressure test strength up to 5MPa, and good toughness and impact resistance. Since the inner wall is smooth, rust-free, and non-fouling, the fluid resistance is small. The main technical indicators of PPR pipe are as follows: density 0.9g/cm3 elastic modulus (20°C) 800MPa thermal expansion coefficient 1.8×10-4/K thermal conductivity 0.2W/(mK) longitudinal shrinkage 2% impact test damage rate ≤10% Hydraulic test short-term 1h, ring stress 16MPa no leakage long-term 95 °C, 1000h, ring stress 3.5MPa no leakage Table 1 is a comparison of the performance of several materials.
In addition to the characteristics of light weight, corrosion resistance, non-fouling and long service life of the PPR pipe, the PPR pipe also has the following main features:
1. Non-toxic and hygienic. PPR’s raw material molecules are only carbon and hydrogen, and there are no harmful and toxic elements. It is hygienic and reliable. It is not only used for hot and cold water pipes, but also for pure drinking water systems.
2, insulation and energy saving. The thermal conductivity of the PP-R pipe is 0.21 w/mk, which is only 1/200 of the steel pipe.
3. Better heat resistance. The Vicat softening point of the PPR pipe was 131.5 °C. The maximum working temperature can reach 95 °C, which can meet the requirements of the hot water system in the building water supply and drainage code.
4, long service life. The PPR pipe has a service life of more than 50 years under the working temperature of 70 ° C and working pressure (P.N) of 1.OMPa; the service life at room temperature (20 ° C) can reach more than 100 years.
5, easy to install, strong connection. PPR has good welding performance. Pipes and fittings can be connected by hot melt and electric fusion. It is easy to install and the joint is firm. The strength of the joint is greater than the strength of the pipe itself.
6, the material can be recycled. After the PPR waste is cleaned and crushed, it is recycled and used in the production of pipes and fittings. The amount of recycled materials does not exceed 10% of the total amount, and does not affect the quality of the product.
PVC (full name Polyvinylchlorid), the main component is polyvinyl chloride, and other ingredients to enhance its heat resistance, toughness, ductility and so on. The uppermost layer of this surface film is lacquer, the main component in the middle is polyvinyl chloride, and the lowermost layer is a back-coated adhesive.
PVC pipe advantages
1. Has good tensile and compressive strength: but its flexibility is not as good as other plastic pipes.
2. Small fluid resistance: PVC-U pipe has very smooth pipe wall and little resistance to fluid. Its roughness coefficient is only 0.009, its water delivery capacity can be increased by 20% compared with cast iron pipe of the same pipe diameter, and 40% higher than concrete pipe. %.
3. Excellent corrosion resistance and chemical resistance: PVC-U pipe has excellent acid resistance, alkali resistance, corrosion resistance, and is not affected by moist moisture and soil pH. No anti-corrosion treatment is required for pipe laying.
4. Has good water tightness: PVC-U pipe installation has good water tightness regardless of bonding or rubber ring connection.
5. Anti-bite: PVC-U pipe is not a source of nutrients, so it will not be attacked by rodents. According to tests conducted by the National Sanitation Foundation in Michigan, mice do not bite PVC-U tubing.
6, performance test: curing time shrinkage splitting strength tensile properties peel strength thermal stability applicable period storage period harmful substances release.
This is the difference between the PPR pipe and the PCV pipe. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the applicable fields are not the same. When selecting in different fields, select the most suitable material according to the different requirements. , get the job done.